Sweet'tauk lemonade recipes from "Let's make lemonade (and sell it too)" by Deborah Aiza, Montauk NY
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Blackberries can be especially sweet and taste great alongside fresh lemonade. Try pairing the two up in this recipe and prepare to have your friends climbing over each other for seconds!
- 2 Cups simple syrup
- 2 Cups blackberries
- 1 Cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice(6–8 lemons)
- 4 Cups cold, filtered water
What to Do
- Make your simple syrup.
- Juice your lemons.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice through to remove pulp and seeds. Using a spatula, press down on the pulp to remove any lemon juice that’s still caught in the pulp.
- Combine lemon juice and blackberries. Using a blender, pulse until well mixed.
- Strain out blackberry seeds and apply pressure to extract juice.
- Pour into a serving pitcher, and stir in the water and simple syrup.
- Toss in a few handfuls of ice, and serve each glass with a single lemon wedge.
QUICK TIP: Blackberry lemonade tastes even more amazing with a little ginger. Try adding a few slice of fresh ginger into your simple syrup while cooking. Make sure to take them out after it’s cooled though!