Sweet'tauk lemonade recipes from "Let's make lemonade (and sell it too)" by Deborah Aiza, Montauk NY
MAKES 6 - 8 SERVINGS
Blood oranges have a deep, rich flavor that will have everyone asking, “What did you put in this lemonade? It’s fantastic!?”
- 2 Cups simple syrup
- 1 Cup freshly-squeezed blood orange juice (5–6 oranges)
- 1 Cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (6–8 lemons)
- 3 Cups cold, filtered water
What to Do
- Make your simple syrup.
- Make your simple syrup following the instructions on page [NUMBER].
- Juice your lemons and blood oranges.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl. Pour the juice through to remove pulp and seeds. Using a spatula, press down on the pulp to remove any juice that’s still caught in the pulp.
- Combine lemon juice, blood orange juice, water, and 1½ cups of simple syrup.
- Stir well and taste. Continue to add simple syrup until lemonade is just sweet enough.
- Pour into a serving pitcher, add plenty of ice, and serve in tall glasses garnished with a sprig of mint.
QUICK TIP: Try adding a single stalk of lemongrass to the simple syrup while heating. The flavor pairs wonderfully with the blood oranges.