Sweet'tauk lemonade recipes from "Let's make lemonade (and sell it too)" by Deborah Aiza, Montauk NY
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
This is an interesting twist on traditional lemonade and a real crowd pleaser— especially on a hot day! Make sure you keep this one cold, perhaps by keeping it in an icebox until it’s ready to be served.
- 2 Cups simple syrup
- 1 Cup mint leaves
- 1¼ Cups freshly-squeezed lemon juice (7–9 lemons)
- 2 Cups cold, filtered water
- 10–14 Ice cubes
What to Do
- Make your simple syrup.
- Juice your lemons.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice through this strainer to remove pulp and seeds. Using a spatula, press down on the pulp to remove any lemon juice that’s still caught in the pulp.
- Combine the strained lemon juice, water, mint leaves, and syrup in a blender.
- Blend until mixture is green and mint has been completely blended.
- Add ice cubes, two at a time until you reach a slushy consistency.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves and serve immediately. Be careful, you may be asked to make seconds!