Sweet'tauk lemonade recipes from "Let's make lemonade (and sell it too)" by Deborah Aiza, Montauk NY
MAKES 4 - 6 SERVINGS
Pears are packed with vitamin C and all kinds of healthy stuff. They also happen to taste fantastic when ‘peared’ with lemonade. Healthy and yummy? We’ll call that a win–win!
- 2 Cups simple syrup
- 2 Cups diced pears (2–3 pears)
- 1 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (6–8 lemons)
- 2–3 Cups cold, filtered water
What to Do
- Make your simple syrup.
- Juice your lemons.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice through to remove pulp and seeds. Using a spatula, press down on the pulp to remove any lemon juice that’s still caught in the pulp.
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, pears, and simple syrup.
- Blend until smooth— very smooth.
- Pour into a serving pitcher and add plenty of ice.
QUICK TIP: This recipe loves ginger! Try grating a peeled, 1–inch knob of ginger into your simple syrup. To add extra zing to the flavor, don’t strain out the ginger pieces.