Sweet'tauk lemonade recipes from "Let's make lemonade (and sell it too)" by Deborah Aiza, Montauk NY
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Even the most experienced lemonade lovers have often never had a chance to indulge in persimmon lemonade. To make this treat, first put together a persimmon syrup with a little cinnamon and vanilla.
- ½ Cup cold, filtered water
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 1 Ripe persimmon (skin and seeds removed)
- 1 Pinch cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (6–8 lemons)
- 4 Cups cold, filtered water
What to Do
- Combine brown sugar, persimmon, cinnamon, and ½ cup of water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved and then bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Lower the heat to heat and simmer until for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and allow syrup to cool.
- Once cool, purée your syrup mixture. In a blender until completely smooth.
- Strain the syrup into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Juice your lemons.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice through to remove pulp and seeds. Using a spatula, press down on the pulp to remove any lemon juice that’s still caught in the pulp.
- Combine lemon juice, water, and ¾ cup of the cooled persimmon syrup.
- Stir well and taste. Continue to add persimmon syrup until your lemonade tastes just right.
- Pour into a serving pitcher, add plenty of ice, and garnish with lemon slices.