Sweet'tauk lemonade recipes from "Let's make lemonade (and sell it too)" by Deborah Aiza, Montauk NY
MAKES 6 - 8 SERVINGS
To make this summertime favorite, add a touch of hibiscus to the classic lemonade recipe.
- 2 Cups simple syrup
- 2 Hibiscus tea bags
- 1 Cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (6-8 lemons)
- 3-4 Cups filtered water
What to Do
- Make your simple syrup.
- When syrup is cool, add your hibiscus tea bags and allow the flavor (and color!) to sink into your simple syrup.
- Juice your lemons.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice through this strainer to remove pulp and seeds. Using a spatula, press down on the pulp to remove any lemon juice that’s still caught in the pulp.
- Once syrup is cool, remove the hibiscus tea bags and squeeze to add as much color to the syrup as possible.
- Pour the pink syrup into a serving pitcher along with the fresh lemon juice.
- Add three cups of water (or to taste), lots of ice, and serve. Mmmmm, delicious!