Sweet'tauk lemonade recipes from "Let's make lemonade (and sell it too)" by Deborah Aiza, Montauk NY
MAKES 6 - 8 SERVINGS
The sugars in strawberries to add a little natural sweetness to this tempting red lemonade. Make sure you compensate by adding less sugar to your simple syrup.
- 1 Cup cold, filtered water
- ⅔ Cup sugar
- 2 Cups strawberries (washed, hulled and sliced)
- 1¼ Cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (6–8 lemons)
- 3–4 Cups cold filtered water
What to Do
- Combine ⅔ cup sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 seconds or just until the sugar dissolves, then take off the heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- Juice your lemons. 6–8 lemons should be enough for one cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice through to remove pulp and seeds. Using a spatula, press down on the pulp to remove any lemon juice that’s still caught in the pulp.
- Juice strawberries in a juicer or add a little water and blend with a blender.
- Pour through a strainer to remove seeds and pulp.
- Combine the strawberry juice, lemon juice, and syrup in a pitcher.
- Stir everything together.
- Add ice, and garnish with lemon slices or halved strawberries. Enjoy!
QUICK TIP: Garnish is a great way to use up those last few strawberry stragglers at the bottom of the fruit basket. Try cutting them in half and floating them in your serving pitcher to make your lemonade look even more delicious!