Sweet'tauk lemonade recipes from "Let's make lemonade (and sell it too)" by Deborah Aiza, Montauk NY
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Under the glare of a warm summer sun, fresh watermelon has already proved to be a great way to beat the heat. Combine it’s delicate flavor with some lemonade and you have a satisfying drink that’s perfect for even the hottest summer afternoon.
- 1/2 to 1 Cup simple syrup
- 10 Cups seedless watermelon (cubed, in 1-inch pieces)
- 1 Cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (6–8 lemons)
- 2 Cups cold, filtered water
What to Do
- Make your simple syrup.
- Pulse the watermelon in a blender until smooth.
- Strain watermelon through a fine strainer and discard the pulp.
- Juice your lemons.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl. Pour the lemon juice through to remove pulp and seeds. Using a spatula, press
- down on the pulp to remove any lemon juice that’s still caught in the pulp.
- Combine lemon juice, water, watermelon, and ½ cup simple syrup.
- Stir well and taste. Continue to add syrup until your lemonade is just sweet enough.
- Pour into a serving pitcher, add plenty of ice, and garnish with lemon slices.
QUICK TIP: Watermelon goes great with mint or basil. Just tear up a few leaves of either and stir into your glass before serving.